Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort is one of only three island resorts located right on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia. It offers a spectacular island holiday destination and a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The island resort is very low-key and environmentally friendly, allowing you to encounter turtles, dolphins, a large variety of coral, fish and giant manta rays, and sea birds.
The island eco-system is teeming with vibrant life, with some of the best and most colourful snorkelling and reef diving on the east coast of Australia. Experience the best of the Great Barrier Reef – the most colourful & diverse coral & marine life and the best place in the world to swim with Manta Rays! See giant Loggerhead & Green turtles nesting and hatching (Nov – Apr) and be surrounded by humpback whales (Jul – Oct). Swim with dolphins and be amazed by the thousands of nesting sea birds.
The best thing is, uniquely you can be on a coral island in the Great Barrier Reef in only 40 minutes via a scenic flight from Hervey Bay (just north of Brisbane). Your Lady Elliot Island day adventure is ‘self-guided’ with a myriad of tours and ranger guided activities for you to choose from. Participate in whatever you want, or if you wish to, just spend a few hours snorkelling the amazing Great Barrier Reef.
The Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort Day Trip includes:
- Return scenic flight from Hervey Bay or Bundaberg (approx. 40 min)
- 6-7 hours to explore Lady Elliot Island
- Orientation/Island tour
- Hot & cold full buffet lunch and licensed bar facilities
- Glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour (approx. 90 min)
- Guided reef walk (tide dependent)
- Fish feeding in the Lagoon
- Snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel & fins)
- Snorkel lesson if required
- Use of Day Guest facilities (lockers, shower facilities, towels, sunscreen & reef walking shoes)
Ask Experience Hervey Bay how they can make this special experience become a reality for you.